About The Healthcare Leadership Academy
The HLA is a social enterprise supporting our community of clinicians interested in how best to lead and deliver healthcare systems to our global societies. The programme has grown into an internationally recognised thought leadership programme, supporting the most talented young clinicians in Europe.
The HLA started with the flagship HLA Scholars programme based in London. It has rapidly spread across the UK and Holland. It is rolling out a series of new programmes that brings the learning from the community to a much wider audience and range of individuals.
What is HLA Live?
HLA Live is a FREE Subscription service, hosting conversations with interesting people across Healthcare and wider society, using the Medics.Academy platform to give clinicians access to some of the most interesting thought leaders around. HLA Live allows a wide range of individuals to share their experiences and knowledge with The HLA Community.
How do I get more involved with The HLA Community?
Subscribing to HLA Live gives you access to a lot of the community. A lot of content will be shared through the Medics.Academy platform, including articles, webinars, podcasts and a range of other opportunities.
When does HLA LIve start - go Live?
HLA Live will launch on Wednesday 1st July at 7pm
- Nurturing Leadership – working with healthcare students and young professionals to develop our healthcare leaders of the future
- Fostering Frontline Innovation – engaging, developing and guiding clinicians to deliver innovative solutions
- Empowering and Valuing the Next Generation of Clinical Leaders – supporting our clinicians to use their talent effectively
- The Healthcare Leadership Academy values accessibility and equity and believes all healthcare professionals should have the means to learn about and engage in leadership activities; at any level and at any time.
- The Healthcare Leadership Academy believes inclusivity is key to leadership. Leadership should not be the arena of a chosen few but of all those with innovative visions, ideas and solutions.
The Healthcare Leadership Academy formed in response to demand from young clinicians and medical students to learn about leadership.
Founded by Dr Johann Malawana (Course Director), former leader of the Junior Doctor Dispute, and a team of like-minded professionals (Our Faculty and Assistant Course Directors) the Healthcare Leadership Academy launched on 20th December 2016.
HLA houses an exciting faculty from across the health sector and beyond. Their shared aim is to inspire the next generation of healthcare professionals and develop their understanding of leadership. Too often in healthcare, leadership is confused with management. Through a combination of mentoring, Socratic discussion, and philosophical exploration, HLA aims to inspire our scholars to change the world of healthcare, one small step at a time.
At a time when the world seems an ever more worrying place, it is important that the next generation of healthcare professionals truly understand how to motivate the people they work with in order to best look after the populations they serve.