About the Event
We are delighted to present our HLA Annual Dinner. This is an exciting opportunity for former HLA Scholars and faculty to come together ahead of the first HLA session for the new HLA Scholars, catch up and see old friends with HLA Alumni, HLA Faculty, the Medics.Academy team and key partners, to celebrate our community. We hope that by the community coming together ahead of the start of the new year it will be a great opportunity to create strong links across the Community. Our community members are welcome to bring a +1/partner to this dinner, although seats may be limited.
All HLA Scholars and Alumni are eligible for a 20% subsidy off the ticket price and have been emailed an individual voucher code. If you are eligible and have not received your voucher code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date and time:
23rd September 2022
18:00 - 22:00
107 Pall Mall
Lounge suit (jacket and tie)
- Nurturing Leadership: working with healthcare students and young professionals to develop our leaders of the future
- Fostering Frontline Innovation: Engaging, developing and guiding clinicians to deliver innovative solutions.
- Empowering and Valuing the Next Generation of Clinical Leaders: Supporting our clinicians to use their talent effectively.
- Accessibility: The HLA value accessibility and equity and believe all healthcare professionals should have the means to learn about and engage in leadership activities; at any level and at any time.
- Inclusivity: The HLA believes inclusivity is key to leadership. Leadership should not be the arena of a chosen few but of all those with innovative visions, ideas and solutions.
The Healthcare Leadership Academy formed in response to demand from young clinicians and medical students to learn about leadership.
Founded by Dr Johann Malawana (Course Director), former leader of the Junior Doctor Dispute, and a team of like-minded professionals (Our Faculty and Assistant Course Directors) the Healthcare Leadership Academy launched on 20th December 2016.
HLA houses an exciting faculty from across the health sector and beyond. Their shared aim is to inspire the next generation of healthcare professionals and develop their understanding of leadership. Too often in healthcare, leadership is confused with management. Through a combination of mentoring, Socratic discussion, and philosophical exploration, HLA aims to inspire our scholars to change the world of healthcare, one small step at a time.
At a time when the world seems an ever more worrying place, it is important that the next generation of healthcare professionals truly understand how to motivate the people they work with in order to best look after the populations they serve.