A talk given by Simon Fleming at #HLA17 on the Hammer It Out campaign he was instrumental in setting up and leading. The aims and description of the campaign are:
- To create a positive workplace culture that is free from bullying, harassment and undermining behaviours
- To recognise the many positive aspects unique to T&O surgery and develop it as a highly desirable surgical specialty to work in, appealing to a diverse population and creating a balanced and representative workforce.
- To nurture an environment that empowers individuals to speak up if they experience or witness unacceptable behaviours.
- To promote and share examples of those who demonstrate exemplar behaviours in the workplace and use these to model further improvements in the wider NHS culture.
- To inspire positive culture change to improve patient care.
You can read more about it here:
This course approximately takes 0.5 hours to complete.
Developed in Partnership with the Healthcare Leadership Academy
With an exciting faculty from across the health sector and beyond, the aim of the Healthcare Leadership Academy is to inspire the next generation of healthcare professionals and develop their understanding of leadership. Through a combination of mentoring, Socratic discussion, and philosophical exploration, HLA aims to inspire their scholars to change the world of healthcare, one step at a time.
Click here to learn more: TheHealthcareLeadership.Academy
Foundation Programme Curriculum
This course covers the following Foundation Programme Curriculum areas:
1. Acts professionally
7. Works effectively as a team member
About the instructor
Simon is an orthopaedic surgeon and past president of the British Orthopaedic Trainees Association (BOTA).